Building Inspection / Moving a Building

A permit is required if moving a building from one property to another either within the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George or from another municipality to the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George.

Application Form

A copy of the Application for a Moving Permit is available here. If you require assistance in completing the form, please call our service centre at 960-4400 or 1-800-667-1959.

Inspection prior to Moving

An inspection of the building is required before the building can be moved to the new property. Once you have obtained a moving permit, please contact our office at 960-4400 or 1-800-667-1959 to make arrangements for the inspection.

Manufactured Homes

Manufactured homes, sometimes referred to as mobile or modular homes, are an economical housing solution that have evolved from trailers and are now longer, heavier and more rigidly constructed. Because they are seldom moved once placed on a property, as much planning should go into the installation of a manufactured home as would be needed for a site built home.

All manufactured homes produced in Canada are required to carry a Canadian Standards Association Certification; either CSA Z240 for mobile homes, or CSA A277 for modular homes.

Manufactured homes used as residences on all properties within the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George must bear a valid CSA certification decal, to be approved for use as a dwelling unit. The decal is usually found affixed to the cladding just to the left of the main entrance. When making non-structural changes to the exterior of a manufactured home, do not remove or deface the CSA decal.

Manufactured homes are required to be set up in a manner that meets or exceeds the BC Building Code, CSA standards and manufacturer’s instructions for site preparations, foundations and anchorage.

Permit Fees

The cost of a Moving Permit is $100.

A separate building permit will be required for the new foundation for the building and any alterations/additions once the building has been relocated. Please follow this link to the appropriate building permit information and application.