Planning Services prepares plans and policies to guide development, balancing the needs of the community with economic, social and environmental considerations to protect the character of the area and quality of life for existing and future generations of the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George (RDFFG).
The principal functions of the Land Use Planning are:
- to prepare land use plans and policies to promote the allocation of resources in support of planned and orderly development for RDFFG Board consideration;
- to serve the community by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land;
- to administer RDFFG land use bylaws, standards and policies;
- to provide the opportunity for meaningful public consultation which respect policy and the law; and
- to act as advisors to the RDFFG Board on planning and development matters.
Policies of the RDFFG Board concerning land use are expressed in the form of Official Community Plans and regulations adopted in the form of bylaws.
A brochure on Land Use Planning in the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George can be found here: