Vibrant commercial properties have the potential to attract new customers, clients, visitors and investors, so with funding from Northern Development Initiative Trust, the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George is launching the Business Façade Improvement Program.
Businesses with the electoral areas of the Regional District can apply for a 50% reimbursement grant, up to a maximum of $5,000, to complete improvements to exterior features including:
- building façades
- architectural features
- appropriately zoned properties (contact us with any questions about zoning);
- must have an operating business on the property; and
- must be within the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George boundaries, but outside the boundaries of a municipality
- must be either the property owner or business owner (if the applicant is the business owner, the property owner must approve the application in writing and confirm that all improvements are to be paid for by the applicant)
- non-profit and enterprising non-profit organizations (tenants)
- home based businesses which are zoned commercial, have a storefront and are within the specified area
- home based businesses without a commercial storefront (eligible for wayfinding signage only)
- property taxes pertaining to the property are fully paid and current
- current, valid business licenses for the property (unless otherwise exempt)
- no outstanding building permits, stop work orders, or development permit condition requirements outstanding
- the subject property has not received a previous grant under this program
Review the program guidelines for full details and to determine if your business and project are eligible for funding. The deadline to submit a completed application form is May 31, 2022.