Land Use Planning / Temporary Use Permit
Official Community Plans identify locations where the Regional Board may consider issuing Temporary Use Permits. A property owner may apply for a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) for land uses that are not permitted by the Zoning Bylaw. A TUP can specify the conditions under which the use may be carried out including, but not limited to:
  • number of employees
  • hours of operation
  • operational conditions
A TUP can be issued for up to a maximum of three years. When a TUP expires, another TUP may be applied for. The TUP application fee is $600 and can take approximately three months to process.
For more information view the TUP brochure, or contact the Planning Department at 250-960-4400 or