EM FAQs/Links / Community Preparedness

Hazards in the Region

Civic Addressing - more than a number, it's a lifeline when you need it most

Community Emergency Preparedness Plan


The Regional District does not provide burning permits. The BC Wildfire Service website is the best place to get burning permit and wildfire related information. The links below will provide you with access to their home page and contact numbers should you require a permit.


Anyone burning material also must comply with any local bylaws that exist for fire protection and/or air quality. Air pollution from burning of waste can generate plumes of smoke which can generate fire brands and flying debris.

More information can be found at the link below or the Ministry of Environment Fact Sheet on Burning located on the Helpful Resources and Sample Documents page.

Ministry of ENV Fact Sheet